Dreamo is a project started in 2017 and has been developed with the contribution of:
Giovanni Bologni, Francesco Cretti, Nicola Ruffino, Andrea Fiscella, Andrea Gambedotti.
The purpose of Dreamo is to generate a graphical display influenced by
the mood of music. On the basis of aesthetic and psychological principles,
Dreamo extracts audio features and use them to generates an abstract video
in real time by changing various graphical parameters.
Dreamo is currently developed as a Processing sketch.
Here follows a generic description of the classes of the program:
- Particle is the core visual-object class, from which a great number of different classes can be inherited (particles, stars, bubbles, squares...)
- Scene includes an array of particles and manages their update and drawing on screen
- Stage includes an array of scenes and manages the passage from one scene to another
- DSP is a static class containing digital signal processing methods
- AudioManager manages the input stream properties
- AudioProcessor manages the samples buffer and does common calculations (FFT, xcorr,...)
- FeaturesExtractor is a superclass with utilities methods for features extractors
- Actual features extractor are inherited from FeaturesExtractor and contain the actual computational methods (Dynamic, Timbre, Rhythm)
- Audio Decisor calculates the "status" of audio and extract parameters useful for graphic generation
Dreamo is an open-source, work-in-progress project. Feel free to contact us for any suggestion,
if you want to be part of our team or if you have a graphic scene that you'd like
to be integrated with our anudio-analysis engine.